Feng Shui-Inspired Home Staging TipsWhen you’re selling your home, you want to make it as attractive as possible to buyers. One compelling strategy that has been gaining traction is the
Your Monthly GTA Real Estate Newsletter - October 2023
Dated: October 27 2023
Autumn Landscaping Tips when Selling your Home
Landscaping may not be the first thing that comes to mind when selling your home in autumn. However, the outside of your home is still the first thing buyers see, so it’s worth exploring ways to update your landscaping to create a cozy and welcoming feel.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Add potted plants: Potted plants are an easy way to make your outdoors more attractive, especially along walkways and around your front door. And, because they’re potted, they can quickly be removed should the weather turn inclement.
- Keep it Tidy: As leaves begin to fall, make sure to rake them up and keep your lawn and landscaping looking neat and tidy. This will help potential buyers see the full potential of your outdoor space without being distracted by clutter.
- Light it Up: As the days get shorter, outdoor lighting can be a great way to showcase your home's exterior. Consider adding some string lights to your patio or walkway, or installing some spotlights to highlight your landscaping.
- Emphasize Outdoor Living: There is a growing trend for enjoying outdoor living well into the fall. So, emphasize your outdoor living spaces by adding comfortable seating or updating your patio furniture to make it suitable for cooler days and evenings.
- Add Seasonal Accents: Adding some seasonal accents to your landscaping can help create a cohesive look. Consider adding some pumpkins or gourds to your front porch, or incorporating some autumn-themed decor into your outdoor spaces.
By following these autumn landscaping tips, you can help make your home more attractive to potential buyers. So, embrace the changing seasons and use your landscaping to create a warm and inviting atmosphere that buyers will love.
Want more tips on how to make your home more attractive to buyers?
How to Emphasize the Remote Working Potential of your Listing
By all accounts, remote working is here to stay. In fact, according to a survey by McKinsey & Co (a research institute), 58% of workers say they can work at home at least part of the time. So, highlighting the remote working potential of your listing can be a major selling point.
One thing you can do is stage your home by creating a home office space of some kind. It doesn’t have to take up an entire room. It could simply be a nook with a desk and chair. Just be sure the space looks comfortable and functional. If possible, add shelves. And make sure the lighting is adequate for working.
A buyer will see the space and imagine themselves spending hours working there. So, the more pleasant and attractive you make the area, the better. Consider adding a couple of plants and other attractive decor.
If you have an existing home office, declutter it as much as possible and remove personal items. The desk should be clear of papers, files and other items. Also, take down any diplomas and certificates hanging on the wall. You want buyers to picture themselves working there, not you!
By highlighting the remote working potential of your home, you can make it more appealing to buyers looking for a functional and flexible space to work.
Gary has been providing real estate services to his clients since 2001. With over 80% of his business coming through referrals & repeat customers, its obvious that his commitment to his clie....
Latest Blog Posts
Autumn Landscaping Tips when Selling your HomeLandscaping may not be the first thing that comes to mind when selling your home in autumn. However, the outside of your home is still the first thing
Simple and Affordable Ideas for Improving Curb AppealCurb appeal is important. It’s the first thing buyers see when they drive up to your home — and, often, the first impression they.