Feng Shui-Inspired Home Staging TipsWhen you’re selling your home, you want to make it as attractive as possible to buyers. One compelling strategy that has been gaining traction is the
Your Monthly GTA Real Estate Newsletter - August 2023
Dated: August 23 2023
Low-Cost Staging Ideas for the Outside of your Home
When it comes to selling your home, preparing the exterior can be just as important as preparing the interior. The outside of your home is the first thing potential buyers see, and it can greatly impact their first impression of your property.
Luckily, there are several low-cost outdoor improvements that will make your home more appealing to buyers.
First, consider adding some potted plants or flowers to your front porch or entryway. This can help add some colour and life to your home's exterior, and create a welcoming atmosphere for potential buyers. Even in winter, small potted evergreens can have an impact.
Next, consider cleaning up your landscaping. This can include trimming overgrown bushes and trees, mowing the lawn, and removing any dead plants or debris. By doing so, you can make your home look well-maintained and attractive to potential buyers.
You may also want to consider adding some outdoor lighting to your property. This can include adding some solar-powered lights along your driveway or walkway, or even adding some outdoor string lights to your patio or deck. Outdoor lighting can create an inviting atmosphere, and make your home look more attractive to potential buyers.
Finally, consider giving your front door a fresh coat of paint. Your front door is a focal point of your home's exterior, and painting it will make a big difference. If you’re changing the colour, be sure to pick one that complements the façade.
These outdoor improvements don’t cost much, but will increase your home's curb appeal, which is proven to help sell your property faster and for a better price.
Need more advice on how to create the “wow” factor in your home when you sell? Call today
5 Ways to Make your Next Home more Affordable
Are you thinking about finding your next home? It can be tricky balancing what you want with what you can practically afford. Here are some tips that can make buying your dream home more doable:
- Save for a larger down payment. A larger down payment can lower your monthly mortgage costs and possibly help you get a better interest rate.
- Look at neighbourhoods that are less “in demand.” Some areas have the reputation of being desirable or exclusive and – as a result – expensive. But, there may be neighbourhoods that are not as in-demand and yet ideal (and more affordable) for you. Explore that possibility.
- Consider a fixer-upper. A home that needs some work may be more affordable, and you can save money by doing some of the renovations yourself.
- Think about buying a smaller home. A smaller property can be more affordable and easier to maintain, especially if you’re downsizing.
- Research mortgage options. Shop around for the best mortgage rates and consider different types of mortgages. A better mortgage rate and terms may make an out-of-reach home affordable for you.
Any of these tips will help increase the probability that you’ll be able to buy your dream home at a price that works for you.
Gary has been providing real estate services to his clients since 2001. With over 80% of his business coming through referrals & repeat customers, its obvious that his commitment to his clie....
Latest Blog Posts
Autumn Landscaping Tips when Selling your HomeLandscaping may not be the first thing that comes to mind when selling your home in autumn. However, the outside of your home is still the first thing
Simple and Affordable Ideas for Improving Curb AppealCurb appeal is important. It’s the first thing buyers see when they drive up to your home — and, often, the first impression they.